7.26.2009

Pocket Full of Posies

I made this card for the just for fun "YSHLUA" #10 challenge. We were to case a card from any one of the Unity DT members AND use a SCS challenge. I used the CAS24 challenge, which was to use Turquoise, Orange and Yellow. I like challenges because it makes me work outside my box and helps me learn my likes and dislikes. I learned that turquoise goes on my least favorite color list (Purple is happy not to be alone!!). Everything I had in turquoise I threw out - yuck! So instead I just used the turquoise ink -- it was a little more bearable to me! The card I cased is from Robyn and you can see it here. When we cased it we had to change it to make it our own, so besides changing the colors, I added buttons and there is no stitching on my card.
Supplies Used: July kit of the Month (Unity); Summer Sun, Tempting Turquoise, Only Orange, Green Galore SU ink; SU Cardstock and DP; Sassafrass buttons, Fiskars Eyelet Lace border punch
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Katy: I love what you did with Robin's card to make it your own! Great job. I absolutely LOVE turquoise, I found some really great ribbon at the $1 store (like 6 yrds for 1 dollar!) and it goes great with tempting turquoise. Sometimes I just can't stop myself from using it... but to each her own! I still enjoyed the 'limited' turquoise you used! And if you feel the urge, I would enter this into Jimmi's SCS challenge post since you didn't enter it into last weeks, but it still is using a SCS challenge! Great job
    Rachel B

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this Katy.. i need to ink mine up !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy,

    that card is too die for it super cute! I Love It! did I say I LOVE it! lo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog. I'm glad you're here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails