2.23.2009

I Fell Off the Wagon...But I'm Getting Back Up!

So I said I was going to get more involved in doing challenges...and I stuck with it for like a week! Are you kidding me?!? I stuck with exercising longer then that (okay, not MUCH longer, but still longer then a week!). Well, I have been fighting some sort of cold/virus thing for 3 weeks now. I'm almost ready to cave and go to the doctor. I've had no energy to do ANYTHING! The house has gone from messy to just plain disgusting, the laundry has piled up, and all I want to do is sleep! So this week, I'm getting back on track. If I don't feel better tomorrow I'm going to the doctor and I'm going to GET BETTER! The house will get a thorough cleaning, the laundry and ironing (UGH) will get done, and I will get back to my stampin' challenges! I made an attempt at VSN over at Splitcoast this weekend...just to give me something to do. My cards were...well...gross! I actually uploaded one, deleted it, and threw it away!! I would like to say that I reached for my little Cuttlebug so many times yesterday and almost cried every time! I almost replaced it this week at Mike's -- they were half off! But I'm holding out and saving up for a Big Shot (thanks Tess!). I just kept repeating that to myself yesterday. Okay this blog post is getting way too long (does anybody read it when it's this long?!?) Here's a few cards to share from VSN. They are gross, but it's all I have! :)

First up, the Wee Bit of Love Challenge: We had to create a card using "inchies" (1 inch squares)
Stamps: Jan. Kit of the Month (Unity), Greeting Galore (SU)
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: label punch, ticket corner punch, ribbon, rhinestones, square punch

Next was the Joy Fold Card. I've never made this type of card before, and I'm not so sure I did it right, but I attempted it anyway!
Stamps: Oct and Feb Kit of the Month (Unity)
Paper: Stampin' Up Holiday Collection, Soft Sky, Taken with Teal
Ink: Blue Bayou
Accessories: District Ribbon (SU), Slit punch

And the last one that I'm going to share is the "L" word challenge. You had to create a card using things that started with the letter "L." I made a Little Lavender card with Leftover scraps and the Loads of Love set...with just a Little bling and a Lovely ribbon (yes, I used Little twice...not very creative here!)
Stamps: Loads of Love (SU)
Paper: Lavender
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Ribbon, Dew Drops Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! U make really pretty cards, u know!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Great Cards..guess we were on the same wavelength with that first one today!! Hope you're getting over your funk!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog. I'm glad you're here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails