1.09.2011

Gray Is the New Black

Here is a card that I made for the Gray is The New Black Challenge over on the Moxie Fab blog. I love black and white cards, so I figured that if gray is the new black, I should try a gray and white card. I really like the results. It looks like a very CAS (clean & simple) card. And it is. But the actual making of the card -- not so much. I'm not sure who came up with the CAS term, but I don't like it. So I've been trying to come up with a new word for "simple." Clean and sassy? Clean and somber? Clean and sinfully wonderful? HA! Well, I will keep working on that. But for now, enjoy my clean and not that simple (for me) to make, gray is the new black, card.
 


I used sandpaper to sand down the gray cardstock (from Core'dinations) to give it a "canvas" look. Then I embossed the three flowers (from Ippity's Faith Blooms) down the side. I stitched around the edges with my sewing machine. Then I added the framed sentiment (frame and stamps from MFT Framed Greetings) to the middle of the card. To try and give this card a little more character, I set the greeting towards the bottom of the card, rather then center it right in the middle (which was difficult for this somewhat OCD person to do.)


There is still time for you to make a gray card too. Visit the Moxie Fab blog for details.


Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. Just love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. katy, this is sweet! the embossed flowers are perfect! (love the stitching, too:) good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Katy! Thanks for entering the Gray is the New Black challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog. I'm glad you're here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails