12.22.2010

Christmas Treats

If you have followed my blog for the last year, you will know that at Christmas time one of the things that I do is make treat bags for everybody at church. This is our first year at a new church and I decided to continue the tradition...however, somehow time got away from me, and I had one day to make them. I decided to make a sugar cinnamon Chex mix type thing (it would be great if I knew the official name, but I don't). After I made my 6 batches, I tied ribbon around the bag and attached a tag. At first I was using a circle Nestabilitie and a stamp...but then I decided to do what any self-respecting Silhouette owner would do, and do a print and cut of some tags. So I found this cute one by Samantha Walker and after some technical difficulties (of course), it went a whole lot faster. 11 hours and I was done! I'm glad I started small this year and didn't set the bar too high for next year! :D

The Enjoy tag was made using a set from Stampin' Up! called Holiday Collection
And these are the Samantha Walker tags:
And here's about 100 treat bags (yum! guess who is eating the leftovers?)
And when I was done with this, I finished up my 20+ Christmas cards. It was a long (but productive!) Saturday.

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Looks so yummy! And thank you for the stamp, it arrived the day after I emailed you! Hope you have a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy!! Have a Merry Christmas!
    Would love the recipe to this if you would be will to share it.

    Marcy H.

    jmahugger@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog. I'm glad you're here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails