11.14.2010

My Blood is too Thin

I grew up in Michigan. Lived there my entire life. I attended college in Illinois. I know what cold is. I know about snow. About 5 years ago, my husband and I packed up and moved to Kansas City so he could go to school. I enjoyed the "not so bad" winters...Some ice and snow now and then. I hated driving there when there was snow or ice on the ground though because Kansas City drivers are well...interesting. One day on the way to work, I saw a man half hanging out of his window scraping his windshield WHILE DRIVING. Point proven.
However, something happened when I moved there. My Michigan blood apparently thinned out a bit. Because now we live in Wisconsin and I am COLD! And tonight, it snowed. I maybe, possibly, almost for sure, cried a little bit. Maybe not on the outside, but on the inside for sure. Last night I told Jon that the clouds looked like "snow clouds." Apparently, I haven't lost my knowledge of snow, just the thick blood that is needed to deal with it. HA! So, to "celebrate" the cold, I have two Christmas cards to share. I used the Hip Hop sketch from Unity Stamps -- even though only one card has a Unity stamp. I am actually lacking in Christmas stamps from Unity.
This card uses Cosmo Cricket's Mitten Weather paper, Taylored Expressions stamp, May Arts ribbon, and the snowflake/flower is actually made with a Quickutz Christmas Tree die.
This one also uses Mitten Weather and May Arts ribbon, Unity Stamps, Nestabilities Label One Die, and Sizzix Dots embossing folder.
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. cute cards! oh and you can keep the snow and cold my blood is even thinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty colors and i love how you used the xmas die on the first card!

    indy drivers are wild, too:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog. I'm glad you're here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails