3.06.2011

Crafting with J-E-L-L-O!

Saturday night we had company at our house for dinner. I saw this idea in a Taste of Home magazine and just had to try it. It turned out perfect (if I do say so myself!)


Do you want the recipe? Well of course you do. This may be a little different from the one in the magazine. I used one that I got from my mom.
Ingredients:
4 different colors of jello
Sour Cream
Ice
Boiling Water
Directions:
Mix the first color with 1 cup of boiling water. Divide in half. Add enough ice to make one cup (Side note: I make my jello right in the glass measuring cup so that I can see when it gets up to one cup, I think it's easier that way). Stir until the ice melts. Put in a 8x10 pan (or in this case divide between 6 goblets). Put it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or until it gets hard (A good test is to touch it with your finger, if it doesn't stick it is ready). After it hardens, take the other half of the jello and add 1/2 cup of sour cream (whipped cream can also be substituted but it doesn't set up very well). Pour over the first layer. Let it harden (about 30 minutes) and then repeat.
Easy, huh? It takes a "few" hours so make sure you're going to be home all day!



For the meal, I also made this roasted chicken from The Pioneer Woman. And this cheesecake for dessert. If you are wondering how to spell delicious, this is how. And easy. And now that I've made you all hungry, I think I'll go have leftovers! hehe


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog. I'm glad you're here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails