2.22.2010

Fun and Frustrating!

Okay, let's get a few things out of the way first.
  1. I do not own a big cutting mat or a rotary cutter so I used a small self-healing mat (that fits into my scor-pal) and a pair of scissors.
  2. I cannnot cut straight.
  3. I used this tutorial to make my project and I also do not own the scalloped square die cut, so I used my square Nestabilitie (no scallops). It sort of worked.
  4. I cannot cut straight.
  5. I didn't have any cotton batting so I used polyester...I will use cotton next time.
  6. I cannot cut straight.
So, in my opinion, my project turned out decent for not having any of the right tools and for it being my first non-paper sewing project!
 
  
 
My fabric frayed really bad -- I guess I used the wrong material?? And my sewing machine jammed so many times -- that's where the frustration came in. I think my tension was too high?? Or maybe too low?? I don't know, I have no previous experience to base it on.
Before you know it, I'll be on Project Runway -- I could be the person they have on the show that's purely there for entertainment value!
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. I love it Katy! It looks great! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fabulous Katy! I would love to have a Fashions by Katy in my closet! What a cute bag! Great first job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a first for you? It looks great and I love the various patterns! Did you hear...you are a pro now! Don't be hard on yourself...this is so cute, and now you'll whip more out even faster!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is gorgeous Katy!! I love your fabric choices and I would want mine to look frayed - adds to the charm!! I love to sew on paper but I have never tried anything like that. Cool idea - maybe I'll buy some fabric and tell my mom that's what I want for my birthday (in July) if I do it now I might get it by next Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog. I'm glad you're here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails